Monday, November 05, 2007

STEVE'S 1967 IMPALA PROJECT UPDATE!



Well this weekend was filled with a high energy arc, smoke and some VERY ugly welds. I have never welded before this weekend and let me tell you the guys on American Chopper make it look VERY easy....it's not. I really figured I could just cut out the patch panels for the floor pans on my 1967 Impala an quickly weld them up. You know, just pull the trigger and "poof" it would be done. I was amazed how hard it was. Prize guy Heath came over and gave me some pointers and got me started, but basically I need a ton of practice before I can make a weld that holds well and looks pretty.

Of course the most important thing to me is that I'm having fun and getting DIRTY!






THE PANELS FIT WELL...NOW I JUST NEED TO TACK WELD THEM.






NOT TOO BAD FOR A GUY WITH NO EXPERIENCE!




I THINK I NEED A BIGGER GARAGE!

I THINK I NEED MORE PRACTICE!

MY FIRST ATTEMPT TO WELD IN MY FLOORPAN




No comments: