Tuesday, December 01, 2009

THE DRUNK TEST





Monday morning I got "Comfortably Numb" on the radio in honor of the 30th anniversary of Pink Floyd's The Wall....it was also to raise awareness of Drunk Driving this holiday season.
I drank a shot of bourbon every 10 to 15 minutes and felt to drunk to drive at about a .03. It took 5 shots in about 50 minutes to get me legally drunk at a .080 and after 9 shots I blew a .194 on the Breathalyzer. Deputy Joe figures my blood alcohol level probably peeked at about a .210. In other words...I WAS HAMMERED. I woke up Monday afternoon with a terrible hangover...and still feel a little queasy Tuesday morning. OUCH!
Thanks to Douglas County Sheriff's Deputy Joe Martinec for joining us in the CD 105.9 studio on his day off. Deputy Joe gave us some great information on the dangers of drunk driving and impaired driving. Hopefully, I wasn't too obnoxious...I swear he looked like he wanted to taze me more than once!
For more information on the dangers of drunk driving visit: http://www.nhtsa.dot.gov/people/outreach/safesobr/ydydyl/

No comments: