Friday, December 07, 2007

JOURNEY GETS A NEW SINGER....FROM YOUTUBE!

Earlier this year, Jeff Scott Soto parted ways with Journey and now, a replacement has been found. His name is Arnel Pineda and he hails from the Philippines. Pineda has been singing Journey songs and original material in clubs in his country for years, but how did Journey hear about him? Turns out, they used the Internet. Guitarist Neal Schon wanted someone new to the music business as the band’s vocalist and he went on YouTube. After hours of searching, he found Arnel and thought it was too good to be true. He wrote to Pineda, who thought the e-mail was a hoax, but a friend convinced him to respond and, as Pineda notes, “the rest is history.” The band is thrilled with their newest member. Schon stated, “We feel reborn. I think there’s a lot of chemistry between the five of us.” As for Pineda’s thoughts, he revealed, “It’s so exciting to sing with one of the best bands in the world. It’ll be a lot of hard work on my part and I’m actually looking forward to the scrutiny I’ll get from hardcore Journey fans. I know they’ll expect me to sound exactly like ‘the voice’ (Steve Perry), but that will never happen. I know there’s only one Steve Perry in this world.” The latest lineup of Journey is currently working on a new album that they hope to release by summertime.

No comments:

Blog Archive