Tuesday, March 13, 2007

STEVE KING'S CLASSIC CORNER AT THE WORLD OF WHEELS!


Steve's 1966 Cutlass

I have been off the last couple of days getting my 1966 Oldsmobile Cutlass ready for Steve King's Classic Corner at the World of Wheels car show at the Qwest Center this Friday, Saturday and Sunday. My arms and hands are KILLING me from waxing, polishing and buffing EVERYTHING on my car. It's not a show car, but it's a VERY nice driver with a very strong 330c.i. small block Olds motor and a Muncie 4 speed with an original Hurst shifter. It's not "quick", but it is "fast".....if you know what I mean.....

I will be broadcasting live from Steve King's Classic Corner on Friday from 5:00pm to 7:00pm and hanging out drooling at the cars Saturday and Sunday.

Also, in Steve King's Classic Corner you can check out clone cars from one of my favorite movies, American Graffiti. The cars are the yellow 1932 Ford "Milner Coupe", black 1955 Chevy like Harrison Ford drove, maroon 1950 "Pharaohs" Mercury, and white 1958 Chevy that Ron Howard loaned to Charles Martin Smith.

Appearing at an autograph table in this display will be Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark. Candy received an Academy Award nomination for Best Supporting Actress as "Debbie", the blonde who cruised with "Terry The Toad". Bo was "Joe", leader of the Pharaohs gang who recruited the Richard Dreyfuss character "Curt" into putting the chain on the cop car axle.

Listen for Bo Hopkins and Candy Clark on Friday's show about 6:40am.

...by the way, this is what the Cutlass looked like when I bought it!

SEE YOU AT WORLD OF WHEELS!


No comments: