Tuesday, November 14, 2006

AIR GUITAR T-SHIRT


Air guitarists now have another instrument in their gig bag -- it's a "wearable instrument shirt." Scientists in Australia created the shirt that lets air musicians make actual music while they strum the air. There are sensors in the shirt along the elbow and sleeve areas that detect and interpret arm movements. It even goes as far as differentiating between right and left arms so one emulates strings being strum and the other is similar to the chords being played. These are then sent wirelessly to guitar audio samples that generate the music. One of those involved in the shirt's creation says it's easy to do and allows music making for those who don't have any real musical skills.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When I initially commented I clicked the "Notify me when new comments are added" checkbox and
now each time a comment is added I get four e-mails with the same
comment. Is there any way you can remove me from that service?
Many thanks!

my web blog ... regular exercise - www.youtube.com,